Balance Me? BB!

BB creams have been around a while now.  I was keen to try a natural one, and jumped at the chance to review this one for Mypure Natural Beauty last month.

What does a BB cream do?

I like to be foundation free if it's midweek, but as I get older (happens to all of us!) I need something light, just to balance out those skin imperfections; redness, lines, bumpy skin after an indulgent weekend.

A good BB cream will do just that - it's worth paying a little more for a better product - and so I chose to review Balance Me Natural Perfection Face Cream SPF25. 

Firstly the cost.  It rocks in at £26.00 - which is slightly expensive for me, but it's natural, chemical free, and it goes a really long way so on balance it's good value.


The clincher for me was the SPF as I live in the sun, and even cold winter days have strong enough sunshine to require UVA protection.

*I still needed my regular moisturiser underneath, I have dry skin in winter, at the moment I'm using a fabulous oil which was kindly sent to me as a gift from Sophyto - I love it and never apply sparingly!  Great for the neck area too...

Back to the BB cream, I was impressed by the toning down of my redness. I have a tendency to flare up in overheated spaces, eating spicy food, or after a glass of red wine - something I have suffered with for years and hate.  It was cooling too, and tinted with good enough coverage to not bother with a foundation.

It is scented, but not overpowering.  The slim tube looks good too. It contains Rosehip - which personally I think is a miracle ingredient.  Did it live up to the blurb?  Yes, overall I loved this product, and would buy again. Thumbs up from me.  You can try it here.



Here's what it promises:

Smooth away imperfections, address uneven skin tone and give your skin a flawless finish with our illuminating, plumping and radiance-enhancing BB cream with a naturally anti-ageing SPF25 to protect against UVA and UVB and anti-oxidant care.
BB cream is a high-tech formula designed to create a naturally active daily skin perfector that leaves skin radiant and glowing, thanks to our sophisticated mineral-based tint. To support the structure of your skin and to smooth away signs of daily wear and tear, our SPF 25 BB cream contains an innovative natural titanium dioxide-based sun filter to block out both UVA and UVB rays. Our hand-picked ingredients were chosen to both enhance the activity of our sun filter and boost complexions. Blended Abyssinian and rosehip oils with anti-oxidant rich, collagen and elastin-boosting blackberry leaf extract to help firm and smooth the surface of the skin; the purest grade of hyaluronic acid to help plump and bind in moisture; spruce knot, lotus flower and violet seed extracts to help calm any redness to give you a beautifully even skin tone.

Comments