New Year - Old Habits

Hey - Happy New Year - if it's not too late to say that!

Hope you all had a great Christmas, wherever you spent it.
For the New Year I wish you all Health, Wealth, and Happiness in equal doses - I hope you achieve all that you want to, and that  2013 is your lucky year!

We stayed here on our Spanish mountain, where the weather has been the mildest we can remember for Christmas in the Alpujarras, blue skies all the way and looking as though it may continue.
Our log fire has only been called into service for the evenings, which is nice, less time collecting and cutting wood is always better - although the woods are beautiful this time of year, and we have been collecting mushrooms to cook up on the plancha with a splash of local wine and crushed garlic.  Saffron milk caps are a -  plenty this year, unlike last year when there wasn't a single one to be had.

We had returning guests, those Scots that can't stay away - they love it here, and who would blame them?

For February, Casa Duende is booked for the whole month, April has a booking and it looks like the whole of June is to be taken too - so financially, a good start to this year. That could be my Wealth sorted then! If only that were really the case!

Health seems to have given me the once over and gone somewhere else, can't shake this virus that has been scourging me since NYE. I guess if I will go around kissing the village then I get what's coming to me!  Anyway, nearly there, and so far the kids seem immune so that' s good.

Lynsey, my lovely virtual mate in the Málaga Montes has passed me the Next Big Thing baton so my next post will be answering the questions and linking back and forward for that.  I have chosen two perfect recipients for the next round - and shall pass it on to good hands.

Work calls, it doesn't seem to recognise the weekend - so I shall go and get on with it...a look out of the window confirms the sky is still blue and the mountains, for now, seeming clear of our unpredictable mountain weather - in fact they're covered in fluffy pink and white Almond blossom at the moment - it's a stunningly beautiful sight...come and see!


Comments